HCG Diet Dangers – Is the HCG Diet Safe?
With obesity being such a huge problem today, people are trying to find ways to live a healthier life by losing weight. The problem is that some diets do not work for everyone or even at all for some people. For people who have struggled to lose the weight no matter what they do, they need to find a solution that will really work for them. In comes the HCG diet, which is easily one of the most popular diet trends at the moment for people who want an easy way to lose the weight. Some people even report losing up to 1 or 2 pounds every day when using this diet method.
Whenever you start any diet, it is incredibly important that you do your research to find out if it is even a healthy approach to losing weight. This will take a closer look at the HCG drops so that you can learn all about the dangers and if this diet even works.
As of right now, there does not seem to be anything too dangerous about this diet though it is still being researched. HCG may be available by a prescription currently, but it is typically used as a fertility or endocrine treatment. This is what the FDA has approve it for use for. It has not approved it for use as a weight loss supplement as of yet. You should always be sure to discuss with your doctor before you start any diet regimen to see if it will interact with your medicine or could potentially put your health at risk.
Long-term Health Risks of the HCG Diet
This is a highly restrictive diet. What could potentially happen is that you could end up gaining the weight back because diets like this can have an impact on your metabolism. Diets that strictly restrict calories can reduce your metabolism, meaning that you are more susceptible to weight gain when you stop this particular diet.
Another long-term issue is something that women are at risk for called “Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome”. This is a condition where the ovaries will become swollen and painful. Estimates show that 1/4th of women who use this type of product will develop a mild care that will typically go away in a week. Mild symptoms of this condition include nausea, vomiting, and ovarian tenderness. However, you can get more severe case of this condition that can actually be life-threatening. Symptoms of severe OHSS include dizziness, dark urine, and severe abdominal pain. If you are on this diet and have these symptoms, you should contact a doctor right away.
Lastly, since this treatment is based in hormones, you really need to be careful with it. Just because it is a hormone that is natural in your body, that does not mean you are not going to end up with issues by putting it into your body. This could put your hormones out of balance and negatively impact how your body functions in the long-term.
The Dangers of HCG Injections
Injections pose more risk than other methods of intake like HCG drops. People who get injections have complained of a variety of different symptoms including:
- Blood Clots
- Breast Tenderness
- Temporary Hair Thinning
There has been a recent report of a pulmonary embolism in an HCG injection user, which could be potentially fatal.
There is also a risk that comes with having someone who is not a licensed professional. You may not know exactly what is in the injection, which can pose a health risk to you. This could also lead to standard problems that come with injections such as redness and swelling at the site of injection.
Common HCG Diet Side Effects
- Muscle Cramps: This can be especially true for leg cramps. This is a rare side effect that can be as a result of low levels of potassium in the body.
- Headaches: Headaches are most common at the beginning of this diet, but can occur during the diet for a while as the body adjusts. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, it can be because your body is adjusting without the caffeine, sugar, and carbs that it has become addicted to. Another reason is because your body is adjusting to the hormones in your system and the metabolism stimulation. Taking OTC pain medicine and drinking plenty of water can help with these symptoms.
- Dizziness: Dizziness occurs because of dehydration and your body adjusting to consuming fewer calories as well as dehydration. This will also go away as your body adjusts to the new diet.
- Rash: Rashes are rare, but it can appear. Sometimes this can occur as a result of toxins that have been released from their fat cells.
- Constipation: This diet is not a high fiber diet, which means that it can cause constipation. You are also consuming less food, which means less intake so there is less output.
You should also know that this can result in multiple pregnancy when used prior to pregnancy and could potentially cause birth defects if used when pregnant. These are some things that you should know about before consuming this diet.
Does the HCG Diet Work?
This diet works by helping the body detox from the bad stuff that we consume regularly, such as sugar and carbs. As your body detoxes from these foods that are not good for you, you begin to consume a reduced calorie diet that will help you to lose the weight. The HCG can help you to suppress your appetite to be more successful in eating fewer calories.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
People can lose weight when on this diet. It is important that you are sure to drink plenty of water on this diet and take certain supplements that help you get things like potassium that are essential but may not be as easy to obtain while on this diet. This article will help you to understand id this is a diet that is going to help you achieve your weight loss goals to become a healthier version of yourself.