Learning how to lose 10 pounds in a month might seem too ambitious. However, seeing as how some people have managed to do it, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find success. In fact, your success won’t be hinged on the elimination of your favorite foods and/or on starvation. You just need to monitor every portion size, eat whole unprocessed foods, and become more physically active. Use the tips and tricks below and watch as you get 10 pounds lighter in a month:
Simple and Effective Ways to Lose 10 Pounds a Month
Always count the calories in everything you put into your mouth. One pound equals around 3500 calories. Therefore, if you want to lose 10 pounds in a month, you need to create a monthly deficit of 35000 calories – or 8750 calories a week.
2. Cutting Back
As you work towards losing 10 pounds a month, the size of your food servings really matte. This means you need to plan for 2 to 4 pounds of protein, some bulk and fiber, and fill the rest of your play with fruit or fresh vegetables. Season the meal with spices, herbs, broth, citrus juice, and vinegar and get rid of high calorie dressings and sauces.
3. Fat is Good
You need a little bit of fat for every meal you eat. Fat makes you fuller, and supports the absorption of nutrients into the body. Consider such healthy sources as avocado, nuts, and olive oil.
4. Move Around
Even as you focus on your dietary habits, every physical movement you make will affect your ability to lose 10 pounds in a month. Exercise regularly, take long walks, and jog on some weeknights to keep your body burning that excess weight.
How to Lose 10 Pounds a Month?
Also read : Garcinia Cambogia and Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
Apart from the above tips, you can easily learn how to lose 10 pounds in a month by doing the following:
Ensure you drink 3 to 4 quarts of clean liquid daily. Water, lemon water, smoothies, yogurt, and organic fresh juice will keep you full to ensure you don’t binge eat.
You should also spend at least half an hour each day doing intense cardio. Instead of just jogging or walking, do something a bit more challenging. Good examples include:
- Speed walking
c) Intuitive Eating
Always listen to your body. This way, you will only eat when you are really hungry. You will also stop eating once you start feeling satisfied. By recognizing the hunger signals your body is giving you, you will end up eating less than you usually do.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month: 10 Simple Steps
Also read : Get Six-Pack Abs With the P90X Ab Ripper Workout
There are also a number of crucial steps you can take to cut down 10 pounds in a single month. Each of these steps unique in its own way. They also work individually. However, if you combine all of them, they will compound their power and help you lose those ten pounds in less than a month.
Therefore, ensure you always:
- Keep your portion sizes under control
- Break away from your unhealthy habits – both dietary and physical
- Get more exercise done every week; where possible, exercise every few minutes by taking the stairs, walking to work or to the store, and stretching while at the office
- Stop eating once you feel full
- Avoid buying anything that isn’t good for your body or weight
- Rehydrate your body to help your weight and fat loss efforts
- Get enough sleep every day; the recommended number of hours is between 6 and 8
- Cleanse your vital systems and body organs with juices and herbs
- Decrease the bad fats and increase the intake of good fats
- Avoid getting caught up in gimmicks and fads
Weight Loss: Diet and Exercise Tips
Also read: 10 Simple Steps to Lose 2 Pounds a Week
You also need proper diet and exercise tips to be able to lose those 10 pounds of excess weight. As mentioned above, your diet should include such healthy foods as proteins, healthy fats, fresh leafy green vegetables, roughage, and fruits.
In terms of exercise, consider the following regimen:
a) Strength Training
Where possible, engage in strength training every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. T
b) Interval Training
On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday either do 20 minutes of high intensity interval training or 45 minutes of steady cardio.
Take Sunday off and rest your body.
In terms of workout variations, there is tons of room to play with the above regimen. Your weight training, for instance, has to be anaerobic. You should also use great resistance – with bodyweight exercises or with actual weights.
What to Eat If You Want To Lose Pound a Day
Must read : 7 Tips On How To Lose 10 Pounds
Depending on the foods you eat, you can lose as much as a pound a day. When compounded, that will amount to around 30 pounds or more of lost weight in a single month.
In particular, the body is very intelligent. This means that the more you lose excess fat, the greater the amount of muscle mass your body will build. Eventually, these extra muscles will help your body burn off even more of the body fat, and the calories you consume.
To help you build muscle mass and lose a pound a day, consider doing the following:
- Drink at least one gallon of water every day
- Ensure 10 to 20% of the calories you take are free calories: this will prevent over-restriction
- Take 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein for every pound of body mass in every meal
- Take 5 to 6 snacks/meals every day: these should be spaced every 3 hours
- Consume Omega 3 Oil every day for a dose of essential fatty acids
- Your body will need 0.5 to 0.75 grams of carbohydrates for every pound of body weight to recover from strength training
- Eat fruits first thing in the morning
- Take low carbs and green veggies as many times as you can
So, there you have it – the ultimate guide on how to lose 10 pounds in a month. Remember, you can easily lose 10 pounds (or more) in a month. In fact, most of the dietitians you come across will recommend that you always make this weight loss goal a priority. Not only will the above advice help you lose weight at a healthy rate/pace, you won’t have to sacrifice too much of your current lifestyle. At the end of the month, you will be glad you made the effort and you will feel and look better for it.
More Info: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days