Losing 20 pounds within two weeks needs a lot of work and commitment. With surgery and weight loss pills available, many people opt for easy methods without really making substantial changes in their lifestyle and diet.
The truth is that by making diet and lifestyle changes, you can lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks while improving your health and fitness. However, it is advisable to consult your personal doctor or dietician before settling on any diet routine towards weight loss. Your doctor will advise you on what to do and what you can settle on to meet your weight loss goals in 2 weeks.
Effective, Yet Simple Ways to Lose 20 pounds in 2 Weeks
- Effective, Yet Simple Ways to Lose 20 pounds in 2 Weeks
- How to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks: 10 simple Steps!
- Weight Loss: Diet and Exercise Tips
- What to Eat to Lose Weight Fast?
- Is It Possible To Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks?
- Tips on How to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks
- Our Top 7 Ways to Lose 20 Pounds In Just Two Weeks
- 1. Drink plenty of water
- 2. Eat More Often
- 3. Eliminate Junk Food From Your Diet
- 4. Monitor The Calories You Take
- 5. Involve in Body Exercise Daily
- 6. Take Up Every Opportunity Available For Exercise
- 7. Get Enough Sleep
In many instances, people settle for surgery and skinny pills instead of naturally methods through training of their body systems. There are however simple and effective ways to lose weight without using any pills or requiring surgery. What is needed is discipline and commitment to what one wants to do.
Simple and effective ways of losing weight include regular exercise, diet changes, and lifestyle changes. Making choices on what to eat and how to eat is paramount for any person wishing to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Also, what you choose to do with your time matters a lot. Making diet changes is not enough to guarantee significant results in two weeks. You need to engage in several activities to burn the excess calories in your body.
In the sections below, effective steps and diets tips towards losing weight are given in detail.
How to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks: 10 simple Steps!
Read More: What Is A Low Carb Diet?
- Drink more water throughout the day. It is healthy, calorie free, and helps your body system clean up.
- Cut off the junks in your diet. Make sure you consume less sugar-loaded and fat foods. Totally, abstain from chocolates and fried foods, or other types of fast foods loaded with preserved sugars.
- Eat foods with fewer calories. Settle for cabbage, beetroots, onions, cucumber etc. in place of starchy vegetables like potatoes. Choose fruits like limes, mangoes, raspberries, tomatoes, strawberries, tangerines etc. instead of fruits with too much sugar like bananas. Make sure you also choose foods with leaner proteins like fish instead of pork.
- Make sure you eat all your meals. Do not fast your way to weight loss. In fact, it is very dangerous and may limit your body capability of burning excess fats.
- Eat more often. Understand the third word. You have to eat less but regularly not eating more. For example, if you put aside 8 lemons for a day (this is not a recommendation, just an example), you do not have to eat all of them at the same time. Do not eat more, just eat less more often.
- Cook your own meals. It is good to motivate yourself to cook. This will help you to know what you are eating. Instead of ordering a take-home from the restaurant, buy groceries and cook your own meals.
- Take time to exercise. Every day, get several hours of moderate to vigorous exercise. Working out has been proved to burn a lot of calories. For any person wanting to lose weight naturally, they should be ready to exercise regularly. Give yourself about an hour of exercise three times a week. It will work.
- Take small opportunities to exercise. Instead of you taking the lift, use the stairs. Put on the music and dance when doing small tasks in your home. Take your dog for a walk, do pushups when an advert comes up on the TV, bike to the grocery etc.
- Make sure you get enough rest. The body needs a chance to rest. Give yourself sufficient time to sleep and rest.
- Take note of your eating and exercise habits. It will help you to see where you are and what progress you have made.Commit yourself to your objectives. You may request family members to help you with reminders or have friends do it with you. They can hold you accountable when you fail to keep your word.
Weight Loss: Diet and Exercise Tips
Also read : 7 Tips On How To Lose 10 Pounds
Because losing weight is at the center of your goals, it is essential to settle for what you are convenient with and commit to it. Losing excess calories would require you cutting out on eating more calories. Makes sure you do not take sugary drinks and foods with too many calories.
Details of the kind of diet to eat are given in the subsequent section. However, it is advisable to exercise regularly. Give your body at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise and another 30 minutes of vigorous exercise. Doing one hour exercise three times each week will give substantial results. If you can manage, you can get an hour of exercise every day.
Moreover, you can work out all the day at your home or office. Go for the stairs instead of the lift. In place of you hiring a mower, get your hands on the tools and do the job yourself. Turn the volume up and dance to your favorite music. These small things add up to the overall success. You may not notice the difference soon but they matter.
What to Eat to Lose Weight Fast?
First and foremost, making diet changes is essential when you want to lose weight. You should discipline yourself to stick to the routine you settle for. Make sure you drink a lot of water. The advantage of drinking water is that it helps remove unwanted toxins from your system.
Second, remove all junk foods from your diet. Avoid eating foods with a lot of fats and those with high sugar levels. Anything that has butter, chocolate, or loaded with preserved sugar is a no-go for someone wanting to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
Every time you are making purchases, make sure you read the labels. Also, make sure you abstain from the white carbohydrates. Everything from cookies to pasta, including bread and potatoes, contain many sugars in disguise.
Make sure to munch a lot of negative calorie’ foods. Choose vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, onion, radish, spinach, lettuce, and turnip. When choosing fruits, choose the ones with fewer sugars like lemons, limes, mangoes, cantaloupe, among many others. Merge all these diets with regular exercise; you will definitely be on the path to success.
Instead of buying beef or pork, settle for chicken or fish. Research has proved that fatty acids available in fish give your body the necessary oils it requires. Go for vegetables. Eat them more often. They are full of nutrients with little sugars and calories. If there is a shortcut diet to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks, then vegetables are. However, remember to stay away from potatoes. They are too starchy.
Is It Possible To Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks?
While losing 20 pounds may not be an easy task for two weeks, it is achievable by applying these simple tips. You will definitely have fun along the way at the same time learning about healthy simple diets. It is doable; this is not a fluff theory. It has been proven by many people who have followed it.
Be disciplined. Eat fewer or zero calories. Drink more water. Cut off the starchy vegetables. Exercise more and get enough rest. After two weeks you weight will be 20 pounds less.
Tips on How to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks
Losing weight quickly may sound too good especially to a person who is in dire need of weight loss. However, following the wrong weight loss scheme may cost you and cause unhealthy weight loss that alters with your health. To escape this tragedy, you need to follow a well-researched scheme that has been proved to work well in other people.
Losing twenty pounds in two weeks may seem to be a lot compared to the period aimed-two weeks. For such vigorous weight loss, some people may consider using other options such as weight loss pills and surgery. However, this can still be achieved naturally by merely adjusting your diet and lifestyle. Below are tips on how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
Our Top 7 Ways to Lose 20 Pounds In Just Two Weeks
1. Drink plenty of water
Taking plenty of water is among the critical practices for towards massive weight loss. Water helps to flush out toxins from your system and makes you feel full when taken immediately before meals. Water, unlike any other drinks that may serve as substitutes, is free from calories. Water adjusts your metabolism rate by up to 40% for 15-20 minutes of workout.
2. Eat More Often
The aim here is to keep yourself hunger free. Eating more often may be confused to eating more. However, if you aim at losing weight, you should break up a single meal into many small pieces. For instance, you may break your lunch time snack into two or three pieces then take them at intervals. This will ensure that you still feel full in the evening unlike if you took the whole serving at midday. Snacks are the best option during this period since they improve your metabolic rate which is important towards weight loss.
3. Eliminate Junk Food From Your Diet
In other weight loss schemes, you can fall out from this restriction without having major impacts. However, on short term weight loss schemes such as this one, there is no room for any slight mistake. Completely avoid junk foods. These foods include sugary foods, greasy foods, and packaged foods. These foods are destructive to a weight loss scheme since they contain excess sugar, fats, and white carbs all which are rich in calories. Remember the main aim here is to reduce the calories present in the body.
4. Monitor The Calories You Take
In as much as calculating or rather estimating the calorie content of every dish you take may be a tough task, it is critical to monitor the number of calories you consume. Take foods with lower calorie content instead of choosing the higher calorie options.
It is imperative to understand how calorie content of food directly relates to weight loss. To lose one pound, you need to burn 3500 calories more than the amount that you consume. Here we aim at losing 20 pounds thus the aim is to burn 70, 000 calories in two weeks. This translates to over 5000 calories per day throughout the two weeks. To achieve this, take low-calorie food and engage in physical exercise to burn the excess calories.
5. Involve in Body Exercise Daily
Physical exercise is the best-known way to burn calories. To achieve weight loss, moderate to vigorous exercise is recommended. The moderate exercise involves normal activities such as walking, dancing, playing golf, hiking, and slow cycling. It burns roughly 200 to 400 calories per hour. Vigorous exercise, on the other hand, includes activities such as swimming, cycling, playing basketball, indulging in yard work, running and heavy weightlifting. Engaging in both types of exercises is recommended.
6. Take Up Every Opportunity Available For Exercise
Your schedule may be too tight to squeeze in some exercise time. However, this should not bar you from exercising. Take small exercises such as doing press ups in your room, walking, cycling or running to work instead of commuting in buses. Forgo lifts and escalators for the stairs if possible, take your favorite pet for a walk during your leisure time, etc. this way, you’ll get all the daily duties attended to and still gain from the body exercises.
7. Get Enough Sleep
Getting enough sleep is mandatory to anyone that wishes to lose weight. Adequate sound sleep refreshes the body thus allowing it to restore the peak operating conditions the following day. This makes it easier to burn more calories thus lose weight. You should have at least seven to nine hours of sleep every night. Other than refreshing the body, sleep stabilizes body hormones thus keeping you off from feeling hungry. This way you both eat few calories and burn them concurrently.
Also read : The Ultimate Guide About Dr Oz Garcinia Cambogia