Unique Ways on How to Use Aloe Vera For Weight Loss
With over a third of the US population obese, according to the CDC National Health Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) weight loss should be a big concern. Unfortunately, there are so many fad diets, pills, and supplements that purportedly aid in weight loss, but do not have long-term effects. Natural products are undoubtedly better options.
As more and more research continues to be done, some gems that were not previously thought to contribute to weight loss like Aloe Vera continued to be discovered. In this article, we delve into how Aloe Vera aids in weight loss. We will begin by understanding Aloe Vera, why it helps in weight loss, how you can use it for weight loss, and some tips about Aloe Vera weight loss that you need to know.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a widely known medicinal plant. It was used over 5,000 years ago in ancient civilizations like China, India, Greece and Egypt. It is widely used today, especially in the cosmetics industry. It is used to treat sunburns and burns, fight cell aging, and to aid in wound healing.
Other uses include aiding in relieving constipation, boosting the immune system and improved blood circulation. Aloe Vera contains antioxidants that help with fighting skin cancer and helps to reduce inflammation as well as helps the body to get rid of toxins.
Aloe Vera is an Aloe species whose origin is the Mediterranean region and Africa. While it is made up of 99% water, the 1% is awash with vitamins, minerals and trace elements which are what make Aloe Vera such a useful plant. What is commonly used from the plant is the gel.
Why Does Aloe Vera Aid in Weight Loss?
Aloe Vera helps you to lose weight in some ways. Let’s look at some of them below:
- Increases your metabolism rate – allowing your body to burn more calories, ultimately resulting in weight loss. It reduces BMI (body mass index) by helping your body to burn glucose as energy, instead of having it stored as fat.
- Stimulates collagen production – the plant itself has very high amounts of collagen. It also stimulates collagen production in the body. Your body needs more energy in a bid to get this protein assimilated. Collagen reduces the amount of time that food spends in the intestines. Your body, therefore, does not have enough time for calorie absorption. It does not inhibit nutrient absorption, though.
- Reduce sugar levels in the blood – results in slower sugar release into the cells.
- Contains vitamins like B1, B6, C, A, B2, B12, and E, as well as folic acid and niacin, which help to burn calories and reduction of fat.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Weight Loss
Also read : Plexaderm Reviews 2017 Does It Work or Scam?
Now that you now understand how Aloe Vera helps in weight loss, in what form does it achieve this mean feat most effectively? Let’s explore three options:
How to make Aloe Vera juice: Preparation time 15 minutes
- 1 Aloe Vera leaf
- 1 cup of water or any preferred vegetable or fruit juice
- Preferred sweetener
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Wash the leaf (running water is preferred). This removes any mud and dirt.
- Dry the Aloe Vera with an absorbent cloth. Allow the rind to dry completely.
- Using a kitchen scissor cut down the edges to remove the thorny parts. This also opens up the leaf.
- Remove the rind on one side, as well as the yellowish inner part. Scrape off any yellow or green parts.
- Fillet the gel with a knife, or extract it with a spoon. Do not scrape the rind at the bottom.
- Blend the gel with two teaspoons of water. You can add dates or any fruit juice (orange juice/lemon juice) or coconut water or barley water. Add your preferred sweetener.
- Serve and enjoy
b) Aloe Vera Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry – Lemonade Aloe Vera Smoothie
- ¼ cup Aloe Vera Gel
- A cup of water
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups of strawberries (frozen)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- The first thing that you need to do is harvest your Aloe. Go for a mature plant with large, green leaves (about 20 cm long).
- Harvest the outer leaves, as they tend to be older, larger, and mature.
- A single leaf will do. Cut it at the plant base. Use a sharp knife.
- A yellow substance flows from the leaf after you have cut it. Hold the leaf over a bowl, with the cut end facing down.
- Wash the leaf (top to bottom) and direct the water to the bowl.
- Do not use the yellowish substance (Aloe Latex). It could mess up with your digestive system.
- Go ahead and extract the gel now.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender
- Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Wait until smooth and frothy
- Serve and enjoy
c) Aloe Vera and Green Tea
Green tea has weight loss properties. To use green tea and Aloe Vera for weight loss:
- Get an Aloe Vera leaf
- Extract the gel. A fruit peeler comes in handy.
- Wash the leaf
- Skim the leaf surface and peel the skin off using a fruit peeler
- Rinse the gel that you collect in water at least twice. This removes Aloe Latex that could have contaminated the gel.
- Add it to a green tea infusion
- Take two times a day – in the morning and before going to sleep
How to Store Aloe Vera
When you extract your Aloe Vera gel, oxidation begins immediately it comes into contact with the air. You need to refrigerate it as soon as you are done making your detox juice or smoothie. Ensure that you consume it within four days. You can also preserve the entire leaf.
Other storage options include the use of honey, adding vinegar and keeping it in a cool, dry and dark place in a jar, and storing it as ice cubes on an ice tray.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
Aloe Vera is indeed a wonder plant, and it aids in weight loss by activating and enhancing natural body processes like sugar absorption, calorie absorption, and increasing metabolic rates. There are various extraction procedures that allow you to consume aloe as a detox juice, smoothie or with beverages like green tea. Choose what works for you.
Knowing how to store the gel is also important as you have more gel to use without having to go through doing the extraction process every time. The tips help you to know what to do and what to avoid. When combined with a proper diet and exercise, shedding the pounds becomes achievable.